TO BE ELIGIBLE
To be eligible for the first home buyer grant Queensland you must
• You or your partner must be an Australian Citizen or permanent resident,
• You must be buying a brand new home or building a new home
• You or your partner must not have previously owned property in Australia
• You must be at least 18 years old
• You must be buying or building a brand new home that is valued under $750,000
• To qualify for stamp duty exemption the land purchase price must be less than $400,000
• You must not have received a first home owners grant in the past
• You can only receive the grant if you are an individual not as a company or trustee
• You must move into your new home within 1 year of handover of your new home as your principle place of residence.
• You must remain in the home for a continues period of 6 months
• If your home is bought from a related party then must be bought at market value.
• You may not be eligible if you receive financial help to buy your home.
If you buy your home from a related person you will need to
provide evidence of the homes market value when applying for the first time
home buyer grant. If you or your partner
receives financial help you must lodge a statutory declaration with your
application outlining details of whether the money received is owed by you or
has been gifted to you. You must also declare whether the person who gave the
financial assistance is related to you and whether they intend living in the